Print Department Assistant
Our Corby site are looking to recruit a Print Department Assistant. The ideal candidate will need to be hardworking, enthusiastic and reliable in order to play a vital role within our specialised printing facility.
The role will involve you working on Muller Martini web presses, by assisting with machine setup, maintenance, raw materials handling, finished stock management, as well as other print related activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with operation of Muller Martini web presses
- Load / unload reels of paper from press
- Adjust and set paper feed from reel to press
- Remove, clean and replenish inks
- Fit printing plates on print cylinders
- Set correct finishing process - reel, sheet or fan fold pack
- Replace print blanket
- Transfer finished reels onto pallet with reel lifting machine, chock and band as required
- Transfer fan folded packs or stacks of sheets from press and box / palletise as required.
- Removal of waste bins, empty waste chad bags
- Comply with all aspects of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- Carry out other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required
- Good eye for detail
- Self motivated, practical and reliable
- Able to concentrate for long periods
- Follow procedures, read artwork and relevant information
- Communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Attained counterbalance forklift license (not essential)
Any previous printing experience would be advantageous, but not essential as all necessary training can be provided.
Mail Solutions, 12-16 Cronin Courtyard, Weldon South Industrial Estate, Corby, Northants, NN18 8AG, England, UK
Interested? APPLY NOW!